Written by : Linda Thomas
Posted on: 21 Oct 2022
Tags: Email Marketing, Sales
6 Easy Ways to Get the Most Out of Social Media Advertising
Social media advertising can be a great way to reach new customers and grow your business. But it’s important to do it the right way, otherwise, you’re basically throwing darts at a board with a blindfold on. To get the best return on investment, you’ll need to how to create effective ads, target the right audience, and measure your results.
What exactly is social media advertising?
Social media advertising is a form of online marketing that involves creating and sharing ads on social media platforms. The goal of social media advertising is to promote your product or service to a wider audience, build brand awareness, and ultimately generate leads or sales.
There are a few different types of social media ads, including:
These are ads that look like regular posts on social media, but they’re marked as “sponsored” content. Sponsored posts can be used to promote your products or services, highlight special offers, or drive traffic to your website.
These types of posts, such as promoted tweets are ads that appear in users’ feeds. They can include images, video, or text, and they can be targeted to a specific audience.
Ads can take many different forms, including text, images, video, and even interactive ads. They can be targeted to a specific audience based on interests, demographics, or location.
Which social media platform is best for advertising?
There are a number of different social media platforms that you can use for advertising, including:
- Facebook: This is the largest social media platform with over two billion monthly active users. You can create ads on Facebook to promote your products or services, drive traffic to your website, or generate leads.
- Instagram: This visual platform has over 800 million monthly active users. You can create ads on Instagram to promote your products or services, highlight special offers, or drive traffic to your website.
- Twitter: Now owned by controversial billionaire Elon Musk, this microblogging platform with over 330 million monthly active users.
- LinkedIn: If your brand is B2B, LinkedIn advertising will put you in front of a professional networking audience. This platform has over 500 million monthly active users, and is constantly evolving.
- TikTok: This short-form video platform has exploded over the past couple of years, with over 500 million monthly active users.
- Pinterest: Pinterest is another visual platform, where users can pin ideas to boards for inspiration. With over 250 million monthly active users, Pinterest advertising is a great platform to increase brand awareness with Promoted Pins, which are ads that look like regular pins but are marked as “promoted.”
6 ways to get the most out of social media advertising
Now that you know a little bit more about social media advertising, let’s discuss some tips for getting the most out of it.
1. Create ads that are relevant and targeted
The first step to creating effective social media ads is to make sure they’re relevant and targeted to your audience. This means creating ads that are specifically designed for the social media platform you’re using, as well as ads that cater to the interests of your target audience. Use the language and tone your audience speaks in and create relatable content.
2. Use strong visuals
Social media is a visual platform, so it’s important to use strong visuals in your ads. These days video isn’t just for TikTok, it’s rapidly overtaking still images and carousels as the most popular ad medium. No matter what type of ad you choose to go with, make your visuals are high-quality and attention-grabbing. Remember – you want to stop people from scrolling long enough to pay attention to your ad and click on your link.
3. Use compelling copy
In addition to strong visuals, your ads should also include compelling copy. This means using headlines and descriptions that grab attention and make people want to learn more about your product or service. Even videos need well-crafted scripts and effective descriptions. Simply winging your video script puts you at risk of looking quite unprofessional.
4. Test different ad types
There are a variety of different ad types available on social media platforms. It’s important to experiment with different ad types to see what works best for your business. For example, you could try using a sponsored post on Facebook, a Promoted Pin on Pinterest, or a TikTok video ad. Split test your ads so you can see which performs that best – this can give you fantastic insight into the effectiveness of both your copy and visuals.
5. Monitor your results
If you’re not monitoring your results so you can see what’s working and what’s not, you’re wasting all your ad effort and you won’t know how to do a better job for your next campaign. By tracking metrics like reach, engagement, click-through rate, and conversions, you can work out which demographics are most responsive to your ads, whether or not the ad itself was effective (by looking at your click through rates), and pinpoint where any weak links in your sales funnel are.
6. Hire an expert
If you want to get the most out of social media advertising but don’t have the time or knowledge to do it yourself, you’re better off investing in an expert with a track record of getting good results.
Need help with social media advertising?
We advertise across all social media platforms, so get in touch with us if you’re ready to get the absolute most out of your ad budget.